Wednesday 8 February 2012

Refresh Page

Hello wonderful people,

Today was to publish a devotion and I couldn't find my notes. After all the time and energy invested in it, its totally annoying if you think about it. I mean, all that time and hours of endlessly doing your research not materializing in the supposed time. Its like reading for that law examination, stepping into the exam room and forgetting all the relevant case names. Oooh the agony!!!!!

So today I did what I do not like doing as a melancholic, REFRESH PAGE. I mean, why are you being so stubborn and disorganised such that I have to start all over again? Its really really frustrating to start again from nowhere and yet be expected to arrive to a given destination with no idea how to do it. I'm not one to brag that often but I like my work well detailed and well done and this is not totally working out as I expected.

Life can b so frustrating when looking at it from this angle. Why do I have to start all over again? What was all that effort for anyway? These at times seem the hard questions to ask and demanding since we always want a response for such an event. I mean, when things are not working out in our lives after what we would consider careful planning and consideration, we always revert back t the question why? However most of the times we are not prepared to receive an answer that will to justify our efforts as human beings. We all feel we deserve what we work for and everyday we all back into this trap of  "I deserve."


As a human being, it is easy to ask God, why did this and that happen, I mean, how many times a week do you ask God that question, not with an intent to know his will, but to justify what we consider our rights, the fruits of our labour? Are we really intent on seeing the big picture or satisfying our own ego in the terms of self reliance and not grace? Do we still have some element of pride running deep within our souls?

As I right this, I am reminded of the story of the potter and the clay in Jeremiah 18. God shapes us as he pleases.
"4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him."

In the futility of relying on what i thought would be a perfect start to writing devotions, I relied on yesterday's revelation instead of the grace apportioned for each new day. In my futility, I tried to rely on the many hours spent reading and preparing for it on my own energies instead of His grace. And all this has come to naught. Its funny how God confirms his word in every instance, no man shall glory in His presence.

How many times do we try to do something for God and not rely on His grace and instead rely on our own strength? Till when will we learn how to give Him the glory fully, not considering ourselves worthy to even partake of his glory with Him as Christ showed us? Philippians 2:5-7

(Php 2:5)  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

(Php 2:6)  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(Php 2:7)  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:



 Let us not create idols out of our own efforts or pride. Let us not be the one to fall into the same trap that the Israelites  fell into that we are so in danger of falling into daily. Jeremiah 18

"15 Yet my people have forgotten me;
   they burn incense to worthless idols,
which made them stumble in their ways,
   in the ancient paths.
They made them walk in byways,
   on roads not built up.
16 Their land will be an object of horror
   and of lasting scorn;
all who pass by will be appalled
   and will shake their heads.
17 Like a wind from the east,
   I will scatter them before their enemies;
I will show them my back and not my face
   in the day of their disaster.” 


Let us be ready to be the clay that is malleable in the hands of god, not relying on our own efforts coupled with yesterday's grace but relying on his mercies which are new every morning and His grace which is without measure. Let us always be ready to Hit the REFRESH PAGE button. 

2 comments:

  1. we really need to introspect and ask God to root out things like pride!!1this has really made me think again. its my prayer that i will stop relying on my own efforts and start relying on God's mercies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a highly amazed mainly for the part that we use our energies to even do the work of God like simply writing a message for devotion. This leaves a big question of what else do we using our strength and knowledge doing yet Gods grace and his favor is constantly there ready to come to our aid but yet we are too busy with tring to make things work that we bypass the wonders and miracles of God. May God have mercy on us and open the eyes of our hearts that we may see him and know his desire for us. And that he may fulfill the purpose he created us for.

    ReplyDelete